Thursday, October 7, 2010

Frozen Yogurt at CostCo

Today at Costco I was in line to get my usual frozen yogurt Costco treat. An old man was at the window in front of me (old man – he was probably my age . . .)
He handed his half-eaten cup of frozen yogurt to the deli-guy. “Could I get another yogurt?” he asked obviously perturbed.
“Is something the matter with this one?” the deli guy asked, taking the cup and eyeballing it.
“It’s got a big hole in it,” the old man said.
“In the cup?” the deli guy asked?
“No, in the yogurt.” the old man said.
“Sure,” the deli guy said, looking a little puzzled.
Upon receiving his new yogurt, the old man said, “And this one has no holes in it? It is really full?”
“I filled it myself,” the deli-guy said, patiently and respectfully. “There are no holes.”
“How do you know?” the old man asked.
“Because we weigh them. See that scale right by the dispenser?” the deli-guy said.
“Oh,” the old man said, not quite convinced.
Then it was my turn. I gave him my order, ending with: “. . .and one yogurt swirl with no holes, please.”
The deli-guy looked at me incredulously! Then he broke into a big smile and got my yogurt.

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of a time Dave and I were at Carl's Jr. I was giving my order to the gal at the counter and this older gruff-looking man interrupts and said "do you have any ketchup back there, all you have out here is commi-sauce, I don't want no dang commi-sauce, I didn't fight all those years in Vietnam just to come back here to commi-sauce". (Commi-sauce being the special fri-sauce). The gal behind the counter said she was sorry about that and handed him a pile of ketchup packets. So I rolled my eyes and continued with my order, then Dave said to the gal "and we don't want no commi-sauce either". I sat down at the table and just couldn't stop laughing. Everyone around was giving me weird looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both stories are too funny! We have all come in contact with the absurd! What are people thinking when they do strange things?!?

    ReplyDelete