Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mindless Chatter



I am happy today for the sunshine,
For the skies of gray or blue
For within my heart is a song of love,
I’ll live, I’ll work, I’ll do.
No cloud can cast a shadow,
Over courage such as mine,
And I’ll sing this song as I go along
I’ll live, I’ll work, I’ll do.
(who is the author??)

I awoke in the middle of the night with this song running through my mind.
It is a song from my childhood. Primary? Sunday School? I don't remember . . .
I thought: This is a good song to learn to play on the guitar -- I'll do that in the morning.
When I awoke, I remembered that I was going to work on a song on my guitar, but I didn't have a clue what the words were, or the tune, or anything! Then this afternoon as I was doing some completely off-track mundane (mundone?? what is that word? It must be a private family joke -- mundone? Why would I think of that in the middle of this other mindless blog? Which, again, shows how my mind is completely running rampant.) -- Back to the subject: mundane task, the song, tune, and lyrics came flooding into my mind. Isn't it a wonder how the human brain works? I firmly believe that everything I've ever experienced is lurking in the depths -- if only I knew the access codes! Back to the subject: Where did this song come from? Has anyone heard it?

And the picture above: this was NOT a happy cloud. It was a cloud we saw hovering over Mesa, Arizona in 1972 and it held a tornado. So this cloud did cast a huge shadow, and had I been under it, I'd have been scared to death! Courageousless

4 comments:

  1. Now I've got to know how the tune goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hummm hummm hummm
    I don't know how else to do a tune on a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please, then, correct me on the words. And tell me where I learned this song. It's been a long time . . .

    ReplyDelete