Saturday, March 13, 2010

#5 Phoenix At Last!


I was more excited than I can tell you as we turned onto the lane that led to Doug’s house. 1100 miles is too far away to keep a child – even though that child is actually a man full grown. I felt tears starting as I gave him a big hug. I wanted to hug him forever – but I know he doesn’t go in for hugs all that much. So I let him go, and hoped my tears would not drip – they didn’t. What joy to see him – a treat I get only twice a year – if I’m lucky.

And the party started – visiting, cooking, eating, catching up on news, card games, cooking, eating, sewing, movies, cooking, eating . . .


I took the recipe for chocolate chip pancakes, which we planned to fix ONE time. But everybody enjoyed them so much, we ended up making chocolate chip pancakes almost every morning! Ummm - served with berry sauce, syrup, whipped cream – no wonder some of us weigh too much and have heart problems!


Here it is – the Chocolate Chip Pancake recipe. You need never go to Ihop again!


CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES

2 cups biscuit mix

2 tbsp ins. Chocolate drink Mix
(like Quick)
2 tsp baking powder

1 egg

1 cup milk

½ c sour cream

1/4 + cups mini semisweet chips (we used regular semisweet choc chips)


In bowl, combine biscuit mix, drink mix, baking powder. Combine egg, milk, sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon onto hot griddle - you know the drill.

Serve with syrup, berry sauce, Kool whip or whipped cream, even chocolate sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment