Sunday, June 6, 2010

Screech Owl Stake Out


Before I move on to other subjects, I have one more note to add about our drippy ash tree:
I had gotten used to scanning that buggy tree every few minutes to see what new birds I might find dining there. Then on May 21 the birds were suddenly scarce. I thought I had found the cause when I saw perched on a high limb a gray cat. What was a cat doing up there so high? I grabbed the binocs and was flabbergasted to see that it wasn’t a cat at all, but a little Western Screech Owl! He (just guessing on that) stayed there all day posing for photographs, and then in the early evening he flew off.

1 comment:

  1. I've had them, too. Once three camped her for several days. Once one. I have pictures. Somewhere on this computer I have pictures.

    ReplyDelete